Sunday, July 4, 2010

Orange Object Seen Over Effingham Illinois


Date: July 4, 2010
Time: Approx: 10:00 p.m.

Dear Brian, my name is (name removed), I witnessed what I believe to be the same object or type of object flying over head that was spotted in Texas this morning at 12:45am. My sighting occurred at around 10:00pm (one hour ago) July, 4th in central Illinois, over the town of Effingham.

My girlfriend and I were walking to a movie store and we both had our eyes locked onto it. We spotted it at an approximately 3 o'clock position from where we were standing, then ran to try to cut into its flight path to get a better look, but it was moving too quickly to catch it.

It stayed in sight until a 10 o'clock position (moved counter clockwise, but in a straight path) before it eventually faded into the dark. We followed it for 2 to 3 minutes. It was orange, not a round or sphere shape, had no tail, did not flicker, made no noise, seemed to pick up speed after we started running towards the direction it was flying.

It was larger than anything else in the sky, apart from the moon. Comparatively speaking, about the size of 1/4 of the moon. (cut a horizontal line and then a vertical line, both through the center of the moon creating 4, pie shaped sections. One of those.) Also to the best of my knowledge it was traveling North, it may even be the same light that you saw.

I'm also an educated person with an associates in computer aided design, it's no masters, but I'm still young, 22 years, but I am very technical minded. If you have any more questions for me I'd be more than happy to elaborate more. I'm still a bit shocked and shaken. Please write back letting me know you've received this e-mail. Thank you.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: