Monday, July 5, 2010

Dozen Flying Balls Of Orange Light Over Dickinson North Dakota (Photo)

Date: July 4, 2010
Time: Approx: 10:00 to 11:00 p.m.

Hi, I just saw at least a dozen or so of what I Googled as 'flying balls of light,' because that's the way I'd describe them too. They were flying from the SW to the NE over the Heart River. I saw them as I stood on the deck overlooking the river while up at the sky while watching people's 4th of July fireworks going off around Dickinson, ND tonight, around 10:00 to 11:00pm.

The balls of light were all traveling in the same general direction, all going more or less the same speed. Their speed was fairly steady and somewhat slow, and clearly parallel to the ground, not arced as though they were falling objects, like meteors. But they were fiery, like meteors. I can't imagine what they were. They were too low to be airplanes, and they were all higher than the fireworks. Their lights were also too large, round, orange, and steadily lit to be helicopters- they didn't have any blinking lights with them at all like aircraft would be expected to have.

And, I couldn't hear any noise associated with them, not even those which flew nearly overhead. Even if they were hot air balloons, wouldn't they have sounded like hot air balloons? But they were completely silent. Never the less, hot air balloons seem to be the best explanation of them, although I don't really think that's what they were. Their color was orange, as though the light came from a fire and they were each fairly large and very round. But I think hot air balloon fires come on and off, and I think they're audible.

Anyway, these were all silent, although I could hear aircraft, and see blinking lights from what were clearly planes passing in the far distance.

There were sometimes 3 or 4 of these globes traveling within a fairly small distance of one another, all going in the same direction, but coming from different spots over the horizon of houses and trees= spread out maybe some two miles apart. They came steadily on, minutes apart from one another, for nearly an hour. When I realized there were more coming I went inside and got my camera. Although it was hard holding the camera steady, so their light is pretty squiggly, you can get an idea of the color of them, and the ones that were closer show up pretty bright and large.

Have you heard any explanations of them?

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: