Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bright UFO Breaks Into 4 Lights Over Hamilton Ohio

Date: July 17, 2010
Time: Approx: 9:30 p.m.

Date July 17th approx: 9:30 pm

I was at the Holiday Drive Inn in Hamilton Ohio and I noticed what looked like a very large falling star on the western horizon. I pointed it out to my husband and it appeared to get brighter. It wasn't falling very quickly like a falling star should. After 10-20 seconds it looked like it was getting closer, but then it began to split into 4 lights. The lights kept arranging in various patterns - triangles, vertical lines, horizontal lines. They moved close together again and then they slowly went out one at a time.

I did see two aircraft in the area, but they were much smaller in comparison to the lights. My husband and father-in-law thought they might have been from the Dayton Air Show.

I would love to know what I saw! Thanks!

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were just slightly north of Hamilton, Ohio this weekend (July 14th, 2012) and just saw the very same thing. I was online seeing if anyone else posted anything and saw this. Funny because I noticed it and called my husband over to see it as well and the one "comet-like" light split into four and then made various shapes and then went away and came back one by one until they just disappeared. This is nearly 2 years after your sighting but in the same location and the same type of lights. Did you ever get a response as to what this might have been? It was late in the evening, probably 9-9:30pm when it happened and no air shows in town that I know of. Several other folks were there with us as well and watched the skies until the lights went away.